Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thank You, Obi-Wan, But I'm Here for the Mayhem!

"We're here for rescue, not mayhem," Obi-Wan said in Ep. III.

But even a Granny has her dark side. And I've found mine in "Star Wars Galaxies."

Let me explain something... I don't own a gaming system, I'm not good at games that take thumbs... I've played on my grandsons' games before, and I stink at it... those controllers are not made for people with carpal tunnel problems!

So, when everyone was oohing and aahing over The Force Unlashed, I got jealous and decided to try out the two-week free trial of SWGalaxies... By the Force, that game is addicting!!!!!!!

I'm a Jedi, of course... and once I reached Level 26 and got my first lightsaber, I've been practicing mayhem all over the place... It doesn't seem very Jedi-like, but it's FUN! I even got to kill Gungans! (Die, Jar-Jar, die!)

And I've killed battle droids, gang members, slavers, assassins, bounty hunters, womp rats, rock kreetles, sand mites, things that go bump in the night.... Bad guys of all species... good thing I'm not a pacifist...or a vegetarian...

Then there were the genetically altered arachnids... Brood #1 started out with bugs the size of a bicycle... by the time Brood #5 came around they were the size of monster trucks and the queen the size of a small Tatooine house...

I have a house on Tatooine that makes my house on Earth look tacky...

So, as much as I hate to disagree with my beloved Obi-Wan, I'm here for the mayhem. I can't wait until I get to kill some Mandos...

I'm up to level 55... I'll report in when I reach 90... then *I* will be the Master.

1 comment:

Qui-Gon Reborn said...

Your blog I have found, my Master! lol I don't know why I didn't sift through it sooner, but I will now. :-D