Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Few of My Particular Things

As I get older and crankier, I get more particular about the things that I like and dislike.

I like Circle-K coffee, not Starbucks
I like Church's Chicken, not KFC.
Satellite, not Cable.
My mom's pancakes, not IHOP.

I like sneakers, not hard shoes, and definitely not pointy toed high heels. They're ugly no matter who is wearing them.

I don't like the misuse of the apostrophe, although according to Roxanna, I overuse the comma, and I thank her for helping me cut down.

I like vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup, not chocolate ice cream.
I like chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing, not chocolate icing, not whipped cream icing.

I like my food cooked, although this has a bit to do with food allergies. But still... everything happens for a reason, and the discovery of fire was no different.

I don't try to be cool and pretend I like modern music. I prefer classical music and modern literature, not the other way around.

I like Star Wars AND Star Trek. And Stargate, and Eureka. I hate politics.

I like warm weather.
I don't have a landline.
I don't write checks, but it seems I'm always stuck in line behind someone who does.

I hate shopping, unless it's for fabric. I don't buy shoes or clothes for fun, unless it's a Star Wars T-Shirt.

I like playing in the creek. I like looking at the stars.

I like to take photographs, although I never do anything with them anymore...

I don't like to cook because it makes a mess, although I've been known to bake occasionally.

I can't live without a dishwasher.

I like sno-cones, cotton candy, cherry lemonade, A&W root beer, skim milk, and both milk and dark chocolates.

I like huckleberries but not strawberries.

I like Southwest Airlines. In fact, I like them so much I won't go anywhere by plane that they don't go.

I avoid Apple products. (Electronics, not the fruit)

I like my cheeseburgers grilled, not fried.

I've seen some really good food ruined by peppers and/or chiles.

I only eat chili with pasta and cheese.

I haven't sent out Christmas cards since 1978.

I like email, snail mail is so quaint, yet I still have to trudge through the snow to the mailbox everyday... sigh...

I mentioned on FB that I don't like Christmas movies.... Well, I don't like the TV specials, either, except for "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and this year the "Eureka" special. If I see one more version of "A Christmas Carol" I'm going to puke and scream at the same time...

I like the ellipsis...

And that be all... at least for now!

And may the Force be with us all!

2 comments:

Qui-Gon Reborn said...

As I get older and crankier, I get more particular about the things that I like and dislike.

I share that sentiment, now that I'm an ancient old woman...LOL

My mom's pancakes, not IHOP.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Everyone rages about IHOP, but I just don't get it. Their food is gross. It's really and truly gross. My mom's pancakes, on the other hand, are to die for. When you smell my mom's pancakes...you could go mad from that small. IHOP pancakes don't smell like anything. What kind of food doesn't smell like anything? LOL

I like sneakers, not hard shoes, and definitely not pointy toed high heels.

Yes, yes, YES!

I don't like the misuse of the apostrophe, although according to Roxanna, I overuse the comma, and I thank her for helping me cut down.

It was my pleasure, young apprentice...LOL

I like chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream icing, not chocolate icing, not whipped cream icing.

Whipped cream icing is waaay too sweet. Red velvet cake will always be my favorite, too.

I prefer classical music and modern literature, not the other way around.

Yep, and soundtracks are your friend...

I like Star Wars AND Star Trek.

I like Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones and National Treasure. My hero is Tim Burton. And I've come to terms with that. And if anybody has a problem with it, I'll refer them to my sarlacc...ROFL

I don't write checks, but it seems I'm always stuck in line behind someone who does.

Or someone who's browing through one of those trashy magazines...

I hate shopping, unless it's for fabric.

Or books...

I like to take photographs, although I never do anything with them anymore...

I like looking at your photography...You're really talented at it...As a matter of fact, you've sort of inspired me to take a photography class next term...

I avoid Apple products. (Electronics, not the fruit)

YES! Once again, I thought I was the only one...LOL

If I see one more version of "A Christmas Carol" I'm going to puke and scream at the same time...

After seeing the animated version with Jim Carrey, I felt so strongly that the concept is screwed up and overdone that I reworked it and wrote my own version...Which I like better than any of the others, including the original...LOL

I like the ellipsis...

No kidding...LOL But you never use a four dot ellipsis!

Granny-Wan said...

A four-dot ellipsis? Never...