Sunday, October 07, 2007

Jedi in Purple Underwear


Why do Jedi dress relatively alike? According to George, the individual was subservient to the common cause. We dress is browns and tans because they are natural, muted, unobtrusive colors. There are individual variations, but for the most part we can be recognized as Jedi.

Yesterday I put my Jedi garb on for the first time since C-IV. I had washed it, ironed it, checked for damage and made a water bottle bag that matches my cloak. I found my metallic headband and changed the batteries on my lightsaber. Then a little bit of rebel kicked in as I rummaged through my "unmentionables" drawer...

Yup, I wore purple underwear beneath my formal Jedi robes. Then I started thinking... Qui-Gon was a bit of a rebel, I wonder if he wore bright yellow briefs... Obi-Wan in blue silk boxers... Aayla Secura in lace bikinis... Mace Windu in Superman Underoos...Yoda in... no, let's not go there.

In ROTS, Padme is in her nightgown, and Anakin's still completely dressed in his Jedi gear. After the day he'd had, fighting with Dooku and Grievious, escaping with the Chancellor carrying Obi-Wan on his back...One would think he'd need a shower and want to get relaxed in his PJs... just an observation...

What I'd really like to observe is Obi-Wan in his Jedi Jammies... I picture him in 100% cotton knit, soft to the touch, cuddleable... OK, let's not go there, either...

I did wonder who did the Jedi laundry.. ironing those cloaks are a real pain... Grampy-Wan says they just use the Force to smooth the wrinkles out...

But seriously, the charity event I was at went well, and the Force was with us and the temperature was only in the 80s... If it had been over 100, and if I'd passed out from the heat and had to be taken to the ER, would they have wondered why a Jedi was wearing purple underwear? Yes, Master, it was clean...


EDIT: Thanks to Photoshop, I can change my saber blade to match my underwear.