Friday, December 22, 2006

Fun in the Afternoon! OR If Only I'd Had $100


Fun can happen in the most unexpected places...

Today I went to Fry's Electronics in search of a replacement video card, and I discovered a display stacked full of Master Replica Lightsabers! Of course I had to stop and play with Obi-Wan's :x and then went on about my business...

About 20 minutes later I was on my way out and passing by the same display and saw two young men with puzzled looks on their faces.... "Well, whose is this one?" I heard... " and "This one's PURPLE!"

So of course I had to step in and educate them, helped them find the on and off switches, showed them how to make that cool humming noise by waving the saber around... then we discussed the effect of fluorescent store lighting on lightsaber blades...

Normally, I never talk to strangers.... But...

Suddenly they weren't people half my age that I'd never seen before, and hopefully I was no longer some crazy old lady swooshing a lightsaber around a computer store... we were people who had something in common! This was a STAR WARS MOMENT!

I think the tall one was going to buy the Mace Windu model.... I still think the Obi-Wan model is sweet...

If only I'd had $100...

No comments: