Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm Back With Random Thoughts....


The quality of blogs seems to have improved lately. Maybe back-to-school has cut down on the free time of teeny-bopper crowd... hopefully they'll learn some spelling and grammar while they're at it... I bet I'm showing my age by using the term "teeny-bopper" {LOL}

Recently I listened to the audiobook of "Bloodlines"... what a stinker that was. I got bored by the end of the third CD (there were five). I lost count of how many times the term "cold-blooded killer" was used in a scene with Han Solo... if this was some sort of veiled defense of the changing of the Han-Greedo cantina scene, it doesn't work... of course Han killed people in the past, he was a pirate and a Rebel soldier... his freedom was worth fighting for, and fighting a war includes killing... this book turns everyone including Luke into some sort of sissy-pants pacifist...

I hate it when bits of our universe intrude into the Star Wars universe... like Ben saying "Force forgive me" like an earthling would say "God forgive me"... the Force is not a being, supreme or otherwise, that can grant forgiveness... it's an energy field... and Han saying "The proverbial bad feeling." The bad feeling that a Jedi gets is real; it's totally disrespectful to call it proverbial... it's proverbial to us in this universe, not to those in the GFFA....

And Boba Fett is still chasing bounties at age 70? Puleeeze... this guy should have stayed in the Sarlaac Pit... the only good thing about having him in this book is the revelation that he's dying (again)... if you're thinking about replying about how great Boba and/or the Mandalorians are, don't bother... my delete finger is already itchy...

The best thing I can say about this book is that in listening to it while sewing Halloween costumes I didn't waste and time over it, and in borrowing the CDs I didn't spend any money on it...

Next book up is "Outbound Flight" as soon as the library gets it in... l have high hopes for that, since I like Timothy Zahn's work...

Now Halloween, that's something fun to talk about... My Grand-Padawans dressed up as Luke and Vader... This was their first year living in a small town where they could go trick-or-treating, and they had a major blast! We found a street with three blocks worth of houses intensely decorated and ran it from one end to the other... it was freezing out, but they didn't care... I wore my Jedi costume, but you don't get to see a picture... sorry...ha!

Their Dad built a bonfire in his yard, and played with fire enough to give us the Delorean Effect... I'd rather use the camera for special effects....

All in all, spending Halloween on Endor was a great time... If you're really interested you can see it here and here....

Thanksgiving has come and gone without fanfare at Granny and Grampa's house... as usual I'm thankful for Star Wars (and the invention of the DVD)... I tried to remember anything momentous from Thanksgiving 1977, my first post-Star Wars turkey day, but I couldn't think of anything...

We're happily planning our trip to C-4... I guess I need to make a costume for Grampy-Wan to wear... I'm wearing the Jedi garb, of course...

"And that be all" for now, I don't know if I'm back for good or not... only time will tell...

B-)

No comments: