Saturday, July 29, 2006

Episode 11: A Padawan Sings in Jabba's Bathtub (6/2/2006)


The invention of a new weapon, a refreshing weapon, from a more fluidic age... I know where the Empire's hiding ... More things that bug me... No, this isn't going to be about bugs, someone's already covered that topic recently enough to give me the willies...

It really bugs me when I fail to notice a silly mistake... much like the one that led to my posting Episode 10 Special Edition right here in my own blog... I was finally putting that article review away for the last time when it dawned on me (for a night owl I get a lot of dawning moments) that I'd missed something else...

When talking about the scene between Vader and the holographic Emperor in the special edition of The Empire Strikes Back, the author says something about additional lines given to Ian McDiarmid and Hayden Christensen... well, we all know who the voice of Darth Vader is, and it ISN'T Hayden Christensen...not in that movie or any other... duh...

OK, enough picking on that issue of SW Insider, I really need to get a new SW book... so I go to Amazon and do a search for Star Wars and I get 3,566 hits... and that's just for books...I know there are not 3,566 different titles out there... that really BUGS ME....


Why does everyone in Ep. 3 say "this war?" No one ever says "the war" until near the end when Obi-Wan says "It appears the chancellor is behind everything, including the war!" There's only one war going on, the only one in the last years... it's not that "this" is grammatically incorrect, but it just seems natural that someone, somewhere would say THE war occasionally...

It bugs me that the soundtrack during the end credits has been cut on the DVD... if you haven't heard it on the soundtrack, there's a terrific new arrangement of the Throne Room March from Ep. 4 that comes right after the Battle of the Heroes segment...

It bugs me that after a year on starwars.com, and a couple of months of blogging, and I still don't understand Bravo 225's skirt reference...



I know where the Empire is hiding out... Ebay... no, I'm not talking about price gouging on collectibles... I'm talking about their administration... There's nothing like being accused, tried, convicted and punished without prior notice, without benefit of defense, and not much avenue of appeal...not to mention that I'm innocent of the supposed violation... I've submitted evidence of my innocence and they are keeping me dangling about re-instating my account...by FAX no less (how quaint)... they suspended me last Saturday morning and then took the holiday weekend off.... And I'm STILL waiting... May The Force give me patience...


I was outside tonight hosing off the patio with the sprayer nozzle on the garden hose while my youngest Padawan was in the pool... he kept saying, "Granny, I want the hose, I want the hose....when can I have the hose?" So I gave it to him... heh-heh-heh...

Actually, he loved it, he was twirling around singing "Singing in the rain, just singing in the... bathtub.." I don't know where that came from... Jabba's bathrub, maybe...

Then a bee came buzzing after him, and another one, so I turned the sprayer to the hardest, narrowest stream and shot it at the bees... just like a lightsaber... so I've invented the wetsaber... or, as I like to call it, the COOLsaber... like I said, it's a refreshing weapon, from a more fluidic age...


I hope my typing hasn't been too bad for this entry, thank the Force for spell check...except the stupid thing doesn't think "lightsaber" is a word...

You see, I got this new vegetable slicer...and it's hard to type with nine fingers and one big band-aid...

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL...

No comments: