Saturday, July 29, 2006

Episode 4: ...And in Star Wars, Truth! (4/23/2006)


First posted on the OS on April 23, 2006.

There is truth in beauty, and in Star Wars, truth... Lines we'd like to hear in the next Special Editions...Star Wars pops up in the strangest places...

Part 1: Universal Truths

"I have a bad feeling about this!"
When I'm awakened in the middle of the night by flashing red, white & blue lights coming in my window, and I know it isn't the Fourth of July...

"What a piece of junk!"
Yes, but it's paid for and the insurance is cheap.

"This war represents a failure to listen."
The younglings are fighting over the channel changer and I know their mom told them to turn the TV OFF...

"What I told you was true, from a certain point of view."This one never gets old... we learn it from out parents who learned it from theirs, and we pass it on down the line... today my youngest Padawan asked me "What's a fib?"

"You're going down a path I can't follow!"
Just because all your friends are turning to the dark side, doesn't mean you have to do it, too.

"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
I know, I married into a talkative family...

"It's not over yet!"
Oh, I really hope not!


Part 2: You got something to say?

Episode I:

Qui-Gon: "Anakin Skywalker, meet Obi-Wan Kenobi."
Obi-Wan: "So, YOU'RE the evil I keep sensing!" (whips out his lightsaber...)

Episode II:
Mace: "This party's over... and I'll teach you to not invite the Jedi!!!!!!"

Episode III:

Padme: "Oh Anakin, I've missed you!"
Anakin, hugging her: "I can tell, you've really been hitting the Ben & Jerry's while I was away."

Obi-Wan: "I have trained you since you were a small boy, I have taught you everything I know... except how to beat me in a lightsaber duel... heh-heh..."

Padme: "You're going down a path I can't follow... especially in my condition, you know how hard it is for a pregnant woman to put on knee boots???"

Obi-Wan: "You were my brother, Anakin, I loved you."
Anakin: "... oh man, I'm on fire..."
(thanks to Padawan Tyler for that one)

Episode IV:

Luke: "We could almost buy our own ship for that! And Old Ben here could just talk someone out of theirs for nothing...hey Ben, show him that hand wave trick..." (Obi-Wan proceeds to roll his eyes)


Episode V:

Rebel Officer: "Your Highness, the shield doors must be closed... are you trying to heat the whole neighborhood? You think we own the electric company?"

Yoda: "Slimy? Mud hole? My home this is!"
Luke: "And I wanted to get off the farm...."

Vader: "No, I am your father... and by the way, I killed your mother..."
Luke: "And you wonder why I never call?"

Episode VI:

Obi-Wan: "Yoda will always be with you... and he's going to keep an eye on you in case your sister decides to French kiss you again... oh, did I forget to mention that you have a sister?"

Part 3: Did you hear that?

In Stargate Atlantis, Col. Shepard says "R2, I really need you to get us off this autopilot...well, it was worth a try..."

In Stargate SG-1... the groups is discussing the probability of immaculate conception...
Vala: "Have you ever heard of such a thing?"
Col. Mitchell: "Well, just one time"
Teal'c: "Darth Vader!"


OKAY... this is part is short... (I'm busy, it's hot, I have a runny nose...)

No comments: