Saturday, July 29, 2006

Episode One: My First Entry (4/17/2006)


First posted at the OS on April 17, 2006

For all bloggers, there is a first... I have studied the masters here for many weeks, now this is my Knighthood Trial...

First off, I think the word "blog" is ridiculous... are we all so lazy we can't type "web log"? Really it's not even a "log" since a log is a record of events... these are just spaces for us to write our thoughts for the whole world to read...! But I will go with the flow, change with the times, be cool...

This is my first blog. (There, I said it. I'm over it, let's move on.)

I first saw Star Wars in 1977. It wasn't called A New Hope then, it was just called Star Wars. I loved it. I saw it again and again. And when it was re-released I saw it again. I've seen them all several times now. More than I can count. How can I melt 29 years into a few paragraphs...

MY FAVORITE JEDI:
Obi-Wan Kenobi. He's smart, cool, loyal, dedicated, honest, and deadly with a lightsaber. He's easy on the eyes, too. When I was younger I was hot for Luke Skywalker, but I've gotten a lot older and Obi-Wan's gotten a lot younger, so I've switched... loyalty is one of Obi-Wan's virtues, not mine...

MY FAVORITE MOVIE
Prequel: 3 Original: 5

UNFORGETTABLE MOMENT (one of many)
Anakin marching the clone troopers up the steps of the Jedi Temple, with the city lights in the background...

BEST LINE FOR A JEDI
I have a bad feeling about this!

BIGGEST DUH! LINE
I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi...

BEST LINE FOR A DROID
Die, Jedi dogs...Oh! What am I saying?

BEST MOVIE NOVELIZATION
Revenge of the Sith

BEST NOVEL
Labyrinth of Evil
Darth Maul, Shadow Hunter being second

WORST NOVEL
I, Jedi
Darksaber being a close second

So, comments? I have a lot more to say, of course... but I won't say it all at once! For which I'm sure you will all rejoice...


MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL!

No comments: